Friday, August 3

Day Sixty: Speeding into Spokane, WA

Out of Idaho and into our final state--WASHINGTON!

Leaving Sandpoint, ID.


Our first water stop of the day--in the middle of a pond via a dock.


Entering Washington state.


Entering eastern Washington.


Entering Spokane, WA.


Leaving our mark at Boots Bakery in Spokane, WA.


Our first sign ever for Seattle.
Entering Washington brought about a waterfall of emotions. First was a tremendous sense of accomplishment: We BIKED here. Never (before the 4K) would I had imagined that I would be biking from the East Coast to the West Coast, yet here I was entering a state that borders the Pacific. Second was the realization that we were truly nearing the end our journey.We were in our final state--the last stretch. Finally, I came to recognize how close we were to the finish line. We were within a day's worth of driving to Seattle. How had I gotten here? It seems like only yesterday I was leaving my hotel in Baltimore for sendoff at the Inner Harbor.

Our motto for the day: "We biked here! How crazy is that?" Crazy, indeed.

Welcomed to Washington,
James
--------------------

Today was dedicated to the enthusiastic, fun, and energetic cancer survivors and hosts from Sandpoint, ID.



No comments:

Post a Comment