Thursday, March 22

The Math is Simple

Good Day everyone!

I hope you're all enjoying this beautiful spring weather. I know I have been silent for a little while, but that's only because I have been very busy.

During spring break I went back to Staten Island to try to conjure up some support from local businesses, which turned out to be disappointing. This, in turn, lead to a slew of inner doubts, oh-nos, what ifs, and sheer panic.

So I've decided to be direct and perfectly clear...

If I fail to raise $4,500 by Mid May, I will not be able to participate in the 4k for Cancer.

The math is simple: the donations cover the small expenses of the trip and allow room for profits, which are all donated towards The Ulman Cancer Fund and later redirected to other cancer charities.

I am not taking on this task for my health, for some adrenaline rush or all-expense-paid adventure.

I am riding in the 4k, cycling the demanding 4,000 miles from Baltimore to Seattle, in recognition of the people close to me who have been affected by cancer. I am riding for my friends, neighbors, and communities, who all have also been affected by cancer. And I am riding for YOU, the donors, the sponsors, the people who believe in a mission relevant to everyone and who believe in my ability to see the 4k through.

I will see the 4k through.

If you are reading this now, if you have been following this story and still have not donated--ask yourself why?
Your tax-deductible backing, of ANY size, is welcomed, cherished, and appreciated.

I understand these are difficult economic times--I am apart of them myself. There are many items, traveling costs, and cycling gear that I am responsible for covering, that I am saving up for out of my own paychecks (on top of all other costs).

No, I am not complaining.

I am showing you my side of things. There are obligations that I must fulfill, which I am dutifully and gleefully upholding.

But, I need your support

Besides monetary contributions, you can further show your support in a few simple ways: tell your friends and your family, spread the word to the community, and grant the cause some of your time & attention.

With YOUR help, WE can reach the ultimate $5,000 goal and bring strong support to the cancer community from coast-to-coast!


Best Wishes as Always,

James

P.S.

A Special Thank You to those who have brought us closer to the $2,000 mark:


Marie O.
Dr. D. S. Won
Kim P.
John M.
Chris B.


Every donation brings us closer...make sure your name is the next one listed!

No comments:

Post a Comment