Tuesday, May 22

5 Days and Counting...

In 5 days I will be setting off to begin this summer's journey. I can hardly believe it's already May 22nd, and I haven't yet wrapped my head around the fact that I will be literally cycling across the country. It feels surreal.

I don't even know what to say.


Am I excited? Definitely, but not as excited as I should be. I can tell you now, I will laying down in bed in Baltimore on Saturday night and right then, at that moment, the scope of this adventure will come crashing into my consciousness--and I won't snag a wink of sleep.


Am I nervous? No, but I probably should be a little bit of that too. I'm sure nervousness will join excited in revelry on Saturday night.

What's left? I would like to get one long ride in before departure, and give my legs a well deserved rest before Sunday. All that's left to do is pack and run some errands, picking up a few last minute things for the trip.

Fun Fundraising News

To-date we have raised $4,756! I'd like to take a moment to thank Bill & Kim, Ralph & Laura F., Nicole F., and Charles O. for their generosity. It is very much appreciated!

And a special thanks to Lena S. for her tip about Maria Tollock's essay on the 4K mission! I encourage you to check out her adorable write-up.


Keep in touch this weekend--it's sure to be update-filled. I will launch the Latitude Map on Friday so you can see my whereabouts along the route. Starting Friday I will also be posting blogs daily, so SUBSCRIBE TO EMAIL UPDATES! (you can do that in the top right hand side of this page).
The days are counting down quickly...

'Til Next Time,

James
--------------------------------------------------
photo credit: Team Traveller via photo pin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment