Sunday, June 17

Day Eighteen: Everyday's an Adventure

Everyday on the 4K is sure to be interesting. But today was something extra-special.

The weather was beautiful and spirits were high. On I-96 my group was able to stop at the raceway and have the once in a lifetime opportunity of riding our road bikes on a dirt track (no, our bikes are not made for such a  track but when else are you going to get to do such a thing?).

Riding our bikes on a race track, nbd @4kseattle @4kforcancer
A big THANK YOU to the owners for letting us ride around the track!


And then we hit a milestone--our 1,000 mile mark! It baffles me that only a few weeks ago we were just starting out and yet we have quickly rode over mile 1,000.

Mile 1,000--can't stop us now!

As you can see, I was pumped to have reached the 1,000 mile mark!

Thank you everyone--donors, supporters, readers and cheerleaders for helping to carry me to this point. Without your perpetual spirits as my great motivation I would not have made it this far. These 1,000 miles also belong to YOU!

To make things even better, we also stopped at a small Lake Side Shop. The owner Paul was a great host and offered us free wet burritos, which reminded me of a cross between an enchillada and a burrito, smothered in delicious cheese and a gravy/enchillada sauce mixture (we were fortunate enough to have snagged the recipe; we're taking wet burritos all the way to Seattle!). There happened to be a lake right by the store ("Lake Side Shop"), so we cooled off with a swim before gearing up to conquer the rest of the day.

And conquer the rest of the day we did, all the way to Grand Rapids, MI. It was a great day, complete with good foods, better memories, and even better people. I can't wait to see what the rest of the trip brings.

Don't Forget to Have Some Fun,
James

------------------------------------------------
Today was dedicated to my great-grandfather, Ciro Apicella.

No comments:

Post a Comment