Wednesday, June 6

Day Ten: Time To Do It All Again

By this time in the trip we have certain things down to a routine: the morning wake up, packing, breakfast, checking the bikes, circling up, and heading out in our ride groups. But today was different. Today was a glorious rest day! And I was in luck-- I got to sleep in!

While others went to the Buffalo Hope Lodge for an afternoon of service, I wandered down to the lake front. It was absolutely beautiful and more massive than I realized, stretching farther than my eye could see. This excursion was brief, and we soon headed out to gather food donations for lunch. Buffalo was kind to us, donating pizza, Mongolian buffet, and Buffalo Wild Wings.

We returned back with a van stuffed with food to feed our hungry do-gooders. I assisted the mechanic and others with checking the bikes an performing some minor maintenance. I've learned a lot of important information about changing tires, patching, degreasing, lubing, and adjusting brakes. Hungry again, we cooked breakfast for dinner and geared up for a local ABC interview (I will post the video as soon as I get it!). However the best part of the night was going out with the team for some Duff's famous wings while watching our news segment premiere on TV. It brought a sense of pride and accomplishment that every evening of the 4K brings. I've never been more productive in my entire life.

Tomorrow we will start the routine all over again: up at 4, groggily pack, dress, and force ourselves to eat, check our bikes, circle up for the day, and finally set out--all by 6 am. With a century ahead of me, I'm off to sleep. Tomorrow is sure to be a long day.

Savor Every Moment,

James

----------------
Today was dedicated to the wonderful hosts at the Harvest House for opening their doors, hearts, and wallets.

No comments:

Post a Comment