Wednesday, June 27

Day Twenty-Six: Savoring The Road to Elroy

The weather today was beautiful! I wish I was on the road for it--I was on water van duty.

I had never done water van duty before. It's difficult, you must be aware of each group and their whereabouts, track your mileage, secure water and ice, set up water stops, close down water stops, and chalk the path from host to host.

This morning wasn't so smooth. Groups got separated, the route had to be corrected, some riders required assistance, and we had to turn all the way around and go back to the host after establishing the first water stop because I forgot to return the keys to the church in Madison. WHOOPS!

But, no harm done, because all's well that ends well! After the morning hiccups the afternoon was smooth and before we knew it we had successfully and safely brought the team to Elroy, WI.

Here are some views from the route; check out the military technology that was a historical stop along the road:





After a rest day in Madison and van duty to Elroy, I'm ready to get back on my bike. My legs are well rested and ready to go.

Puttin' Pedal to the Medal,
James
-------------------------

Today's efforts were dedicated to Deb, a cancer survivor and gas station manager who personally donated water bottles and ice for the riders. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment