Wednesday, June 27

Day Twenty-Five: Meeting Madison

Today's rest day just proved that Madison is my kind of town!


We started the day off by canning for donations to help the 4K reach the $500,000 mark, which would make us the most successful cross-country fundraiser! Canning was not the most comfortable experience for me. It takes guts to walk up to random strangers, present your pitch, and collect money. Luckily for me I was with Liz, a mass communications major who just happens to be AMAZING at all things social/fundraising. She lead the way (with me learning as I went), and together we swept through the Madison area.

Madison at night!
After successfully fundraising, the team went out for a Wisconsin must have, custard and cheese curds. I wasn't a big fan of the cheese curds (no surprise to those of you who know I'm not fond of cheese, though I did try it), but the custard was delicious. I chose Blue Moon, a Fruit Loop flavored ice cream:

Wisconsin custard, Fruit Loop flavored!

Now's the time to admit that we had dessert before dinner tonight. We were sure to make up for it though:

Oh how I missed sushi. This was the perfect treat!

A HUGE thank you to the local sushi restaurant and our awesome waiter for a great, donation-filled evening. People like you make the 4K possible, allowing the majority of our funds raised to go directly back to cancer patients.

I enjoyed strolling through the busy, neon-lit streets of Wisconsin's capital. Madison is small but it's clean, the people are friendly, and the town is perfect for the younger crowd. I'm almost sad to leave--almost, there's still plenty more of the country to see!

We're Getting There, Quickly,
James

No comments:

Post a Comment