Tuesday, July 31

Day Fifty-Four: Pushing to Polson

What a beautiful day to ride!

Today we left Missoula for Polson, a lakeside town about 70 miles north of the city.
I'm happy to report that it was an uneventful day: no accidents, no wrong turns, no poor weather--just the team putting another notch in the belt.

A land bridge for the animals--we passed under it on the way to Polson.


Descending into Polson, MT


Our lunch stop, about a mile from the host.


Tonight we're staying at a church that doubles as a school, with access to showers, internet, and laundry. I've nestled myself in a classroom corner, setting up my laptop on a desk. I feel as if I'm back in my dorm room, typing away at some assignment. It's a nice feeling of familiarity.

Still, many unfamiliar places lie between me and the finish line--and I'm excited for each and every one of them.

Into the Unknown,
James
-------------

Today was dedicated to the children at Camp-Mak-A-Dream, for staying positive and joyful despite a difficult situation. I enjoyed meeting them, and wish them the best of luck in all endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment