Tuesday, July 31

Day Fifty-Three: Miss Missoula

Today I did something that I normally don't get to do--sleep.
I slept on-and-off 'til the later afternoon, at which point I finally got off the couch and decided to do something productive (I'm typically not someone to just lay around).

So after making myself presentable to the public, I gathered my dirty clothes (of which there was many) and clamored over to the nearest laundromat. I used the laundry time to siphon some WiFi and get some work done.

Later in the evening I wandered along the river as the sun set in the west:



People of all ages and backgrounds were using the riverside land. Some college students floated down the river in tubes, while others convened among the park benches, their dogs in toe.

It was a pleasure to have some time to myself to make phone calls and walk, just walk in my own pace and time to slowly relax. It feels like we're always rushing, moving forward, pushing westward--27 people, 27 opinions. After living within the same space with the team for so many days, it's enjoyable to have some alone time.

After ending my winding walk with a huckleberry ice cream cone (we are in Montana, after all), I scurried back to the host to get ready for the day ahead.

Westward,
James

No comments:

Post a Comment