Saturday, May 26

By the Way, WE REACHED $5,000!

I'm tired and I need to be up at 5:00 AM tomorrow for send off so I'm going to keep this short and simple:

  • Thanks to Beth S. (my official PEDAL PAL--more on that in later posts), Patrick C., and Eddie & Debbie T. the $5,000 goal has been reached.
  • Yes, you read the bullet above correctly--WE DID IT. GO TEAM!
  • I attended 4K training all day today. It was great to see and connect with all the mentors and alumni, like Ali Samadpour who has been an AMAZING 4K insider. Meeting everyone from this year's team, including the hassle of learning all their names (Thanks, icebreakers!), was inspiring. I can already tell we're going to have a great summer together.
  • I'm more excited than I was earlier today, a little less nervous, but definitely more cautious. I just want to get on the road and get going. The key is to get into routine early on.
That's the basic debriefing. Tomorrow morning I will learn how to load up the vans from the Alumni themselves, head over to the harbor to dip my rear tire in the Baltimore water, and set off on the journey of a lifetime.

Here it goes.

-James

No comments:

Post a Comment