Thursday, July 5

Day Thirty-Four: Moving to Mitchell

We've moved on over to Mitchell, South Dakota, home of the World Famous Corn Palace-- a building covered in artwork created from ears of Indian Corn.

Today's host is unusual as we're staying with a woman and her family whom we contacted through Couchsurfer (a community where people offer up and look for places to stay for one or two nights). Tonight I've decided to sleep in a tent in the backyard in order to help alleviate congestion and open up some floor space. It's my first time setting up and sleeping in a tent so I'm curious to see how it will go.

Here are the pictures from today's route, including one of the Corn Palace (very anticlimactic):













Tomorrow's rest day is a much needed one (then again, what rest day isn't needed on this trip) and I look forward to exploring more of Mitchell.

In addition, tomorrow marks the half-way point, day 35 of our 70 day journey. I'll analyze how I feel about that tomorrow, for now I just want to enjoy the night and today's successful riding.

Good Night, as the Moon Rises over Mitchell,
James
--------------------------------

Today was dedicated to Julian. You can read more about this little boy and his story through Jogger's for Julian.

No comments:

Post a Comment